As a property owner, you’re exposed to many risks. To ensure that you don’t experience financial distress because of these risks, it’s important that you have an adequate amount of insurance coverage. Although the process may seem overly complicated at times, the benefits of being property covered far outweigh the troubles and working with an insurance agent can make it easier on you. As you embark on your search for the right agent, here are two of the basic coverages that you should expect to see in your new policy.

Commercial Property

Commercial property insurance covers you in case your property becomes damaged or lost. Most policies will pay to repair or replace your covered items such as your buildings, landscaping, equipment, and furniture. If the damage your property unusable in any way that impacts your revenue, having a separate coverage like business interruption can help serve as a replacement for your revenue during that period of time.

General Liability

General liability insurance covers you in case a tenant or another third party sustains an injury or property damage on your property. If a lawsuit is filed, your policy will cover any attorneys’ fees as well as other fees for which you’re found liable.

The general liability and commercial property insurance coverages will serve as the foundation for your new policy. Work with an experienced agent to craft a complete policy that meets your coverage needs.